Review of the GMP’s submitted by contractor/construction manager/design builder.
The goals of each review is to make sure the costs are fair, accurate, within the guidelines of the contract and so the GMP document is created in a way that can be easily understood by all parties, enforceable and proactively monitored in detail during construction and closeout. It also important to make sure scope of work are clearly identified and inclusions and exclusions are noted in the GMP budget.
Our review of the proposed GMP will consist of the following components as the standard AIA contracts require:
1. Confirm that the GMP’s list of referenced drawings, specifications, addenda and conditions of the contract are correct.
2. All listed clarifications and assumptions made by the contractor / CM / DB in addition to the instructions and information provided by the owner, so the qualifications, inclusions and exclusions of the GMP are identified, complete and appropriate.
3. “Cost of the Work” definition confirmation organized by trade categories, systems, allowances, contingencies and fee or overhead and profits. These would include but are not limited to:
5. Assist in the creation of a “user friendly” (for all) schedule of values
6. The detailed schedule and date of Substantial Completion of the project upon which the GMP is based.
7. A reasonable GMP review acceptance schedule and date as required by the Owner to allow the Contractor /CM/DB to mobilize and complete the project on time and minimize/avoid delays.
Benefits & Value:
We will work with you, your contractor, and the local energy companies to make sure you get the best value for your energy needs.